Spirit of Edmonton Distillery Tour
The “spirit” of our city is alive and well in the Edmonton area’s craft distillery scene. Before 2013, the Edmonton area never had a single distillery, and now it has three! Join Edmonton Brewery Tours as we take you to these distilleries, each with their own unique origin story, and sample a wide variety of spirits crafted from locally-grown grain and botanicals. Bottoms up!
for only $129/person The tour includes:
- Guided tour and tastings at Strathcona Spirits, Hansen Distillery and Rig Hand Distillery
- French comfort food-inspired lunch at The Almanac included, with the option to purchase a locally-crafted cocktail or craft beer
- Goodie bag stuffed with bottled water and a snack.
- Merchandise and bottle discounts
- Transportation provided by a professional chauffeur from the Whyte Ave area along with one of our awesome tour guides to ensure you're getting the best experience.
- Group meets at Strathcona Spirits at 12pm and start time is 12:15 pm at Strathcona Spirits. Tour ends 5:30 pm at the same location.
- Tour dates are year round - every other Saturday
- Guaranteed tours, no minimum guest requirement
On Saturday's 12:00pm-5:30pm
Meeting and end point is at: Strathcona Spirits
*Samples included at every stop * discount on merchandise * Lunch included*
strathcona spirits distillery
We are Edmonton's first distillery, not since prohibition, but ever. We distill an expanding line of fine spirits that embody the essence of Alberta by using locally farmed and foraged grains and botanicals. Our tiny boomtown building in the heart of Old Strathcona is the smallest distillery in North America.
The almanac - (Lunch stop)
The Almanac is a Bistro and Cocktail Bar located in the heart of Old Strathcona. Our kitchen and bar offer seasonal menus with house made products and fresh ingredients, sure to please your palate.
Hansen Distillery is an Edmonton-based family-run craft distillery that prides itself on producing quality products using ingredients sourced from Alberta. All of our spirits are made right, right here in Alberta.
rig hand craft distillery
Rig Hand Craft Distillery is in the unique position of being the first craft distillery in the greater Edmonton area. Incorporated in December, 2014, our family business makes over 30 products including vodka, flavoured vodkas, rum, whisky, bourbon, scotch, rye, gin, schnapps and coffee cream liqueur. We use all locally sourced input products. Our main grain supplier is Great West Farms, a fourth generation farm, located two miles from the distillery. Our products are packaged in a distinctive trademarked bottle that is a replica of the Leduc #1 drilling rig, paying tribute to our rich history of both agriculture and resource development in Alberta.
4:30 pm - End of Tour
You will be dropped off at original pickup location